Ir al contenido principal

Choosing a postgraduate degree


Resultado de imagen para dudaS DIBUJO

I’m never sure of anything, but if I would have to choose to study anything else, it would be a master in clinical psychology. I think that would be really useful for my education and for my work, because I think that the undergraduate program isn’t enough. Also, I think that psychology is a broad field and it has so much topics and theories to learn about, it’s really interesting. Because of that, you need to keep learning all the time about it, so you can be a good professional.
Beside the eagerness to study, I still don’t know which field of the clinical psychology I would like to study. For now, I only know that it would be related to adults instead of children, because I don’t understand kids and I don’t know how to interact with them. Another thing that I’m not sure is where I would like to study, and I think that depends on which field of the clinical psychology I choose. That is because I would like to go to a specialize university in my area of interest. So, sometimes I imagine I’m going to Argentina or France, but who knows? Maybe I just stay here and study in this university.
Anyway, I would like to study in a part-time course so I can work, because someone has to pay the bills and I can’t live with my mom forever.
So, I hope with time i sort it all out.
Resultado de imagen para estudiar dibujo

Comentarios

  1. hi isa, i think that you know things like you dont understand the childrem its very important, because one psychologist have accept her limits, anyways, i hope that you can continue studying and you can go out of the house of your mom one day haha. see ya

    ResponderEliminar
  2. i also think that undergraduate program is not enough. I think that Argentina is a nice place to be, either for study or whatever, So i hope you can continue your studies either here in Chile or in Argentina or France

    ResponderEliminar

  3. In my practice I worked with many clinical psychologists who did postgraduate studies in the United States. I do not know if it's the best place to do those studies, but they knew a lot. Regards !!

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

My best concert

It’s really difficult for me to choose a favorite concert, so I will talk about one of my first experiences. This concert was called “El abrazo” and it was in December, 2010 at Parque O’higgins. The concert was to celebrate the bicentennial of Chile and Argentina independence, so the name of the festival  was a manifestation of the bond of the two countries and it was meant to remember the hug between General O’higgins and General San Martín. Because of that there were invited several Chilean and Argentinian artists, so the concert last 11 hours approximately (it was really exhausting). I went with mi mother, one of my sisters (Catalina), one of her friends and two of my friends. The festival was really fun because I liked all the artist that were invited, specially Los bunkers, Babasónicos, Joe Vasconcello, Luis Alberto Spinetta, Fito Páez, Charlie García, and Los Tres. Beside of the fun, there were sad moments as well, because Gustavo Cerati was on coma at that moment, so dif...

My future job as a psychologist

It’s really difficult for me to picture myself in my job because I feel it so far from now. But, when I finish my career I would like to take a master’s program in clinic psychologist, because I have a good specialty and I think that the university doesn’t give you that whit the undergraduate program. When I finish my studies I want to work as a clinical psychologist in the public system, especially with adults (I don’t get along with children, but I’ try to stay open about my options). Because of that, I think that my job would be mainly in indoors spaces, but this idea doesn’t bother me. I would like to try different jobs, because is very difficult to know what kind of job do you like if you don’t try it.   Accordingly to this, first I would like to work in a psychosocial programme, maybe with a women’s group. I have this idea because this semester I have a subject that allowed us to participate in different activities with families, and I’m working whit a psychologist an...